Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Eternal City by Morgan D.

The temperature was perfect,
The shopping was a dream.
The streets were stone,
And the buildings beautiful.

Painted sunsets
Upon gleaming fountains,
With food to die for,
And the desserts of a life time.

Crowds of people
With amazing accents and
Tall dark men
Playing futbol on every curb.

Mopeds and small vehicles,
Swerving through the traffic
With clubs and restaurants on every sidewalks end.

Homes of marble
And architectural design
Sleek and jaw dropping
Way of life.

This is the best city in all the world,
Theres never a dull moment
On the vacation that
Will force you to move …
Rome

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a very boring poem, but there were a few nice descriptions of Rome. No rhyme scheme or alliteration or even any poetry tool led to a choppy, blunt rhythm. Personally, I could care less how you imagine the world to be, I want to read other's account of what the world is actually like.

Anonymous said...

There were some good descriptions of the city, and you did use some great imagery: "painted sunsets upon gleaming fountains," was pretty nicely done.

merc said...

morgan your poem was nice considering you were trying todescribe a certin place and could not just use random words to make it flow. I don't know if rome is reallylike that but i have qan idea after your poem

Anonymous said...

Is this the poem I helped you write in history? Maybe I don’t remember. But like pat said. Many interesting descriptions which I liked. This made me think of the eternal city. Although I did not like the boys playing futbol. Nice try I see the effort. Toodles and oodles of noodles.

Anonymous said...

morgan this poem reminds me of when you went to europe and when you explained everything to me. i can just imagine you walking through the streets of rome. you had very nice descriptions of rome which made it very easy to picture.

Anonymous said...

morgann this poem shows how much you like rome and europe. It was very detailed and you made it very intriguing. It made me want to go to rome and see it all for myself. Good Job!