Thursday, April 12, 2007

Downhill by Wylee M.

I sit and cry and weep all day,
and twist and turn the night away.

I look around for a pill,
while the tears in my eyes start to fill.

And as I cry people just stare,
but look at me without a care.

They have seen it happened time after time,
the person who crosses that safety line.

The line that tells you when to stop,
before you head down that bid drop.

The drop that makes you start to fall,
the drop that begins to end it all.
I regretted doing it the very first day,
and because I did it, I had to pay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wylee, I'm speechless. I cannot believe that no one has commented this poem yet, it was just great. Aftre reading that, I can imagine someone who has abused drugs, and has gone so downhill, they just can't take it anymore. It's like a good book or a lifetime movie. This poem kinda makes me feel sad, depressed, and makes me want to eat a tub full of ice cream..It's really good, but it has a dark twist to it. It really reminds me of the movie 'Thirteen' where the main charactor gets into drugs and gets really depressed until she loses everything in her life. Good Job Jennnnifuuuuuur! =]